- 500g of bacon, diced into 1.5cm long pieces
- 1-2 tbsp of chopped chives
- 2 tsp of chopped fresh basil
- 1 cup of sliced field mushrooms
- 400 ml Soy milk (Soy milk can be a problem for people needing a low fodmap diet, particularly if the soy milk is made from soy beans rather than soy protein. According to the Monash University fodmap app, soy milk made from soy protein is low in fodmaps, whereas soy milk made from soy beans is not safe, so please carefully select what kind of soy milk is used if you need this to be a low fodmap option.
- 2 tbsp wheat flour (use gluten free flour alternatives such as corn flour for gluten free/ low fodmap versions)
- Cracked black pepper, to taste
Use 1 tbsp of garlic infused oil to fry the bacon for 2-3 minutes, in order to add garlic flavour.
Add the chives and mushrooms, and fry for 2-3 minutes.
Mix flour, egg and soy milk in a bowl, and then add this plus the fresh basil to the pan of bacon and mushrooms. Simmer for 1-2 minutes. Add black pepper to suit your taste.
Serve with pasta (gluten free pasta if you want the dish to remain gluten free or low fodmap).