Using rocket instead of basil adds a peppery flavour to the pesto, and the walnut complements this flavour very nicely.
This dish is low fodmap, fructose friendly and gluten free. It does, however, contain parmesan, which is a problem for some people with lactose intolerance, and is not safe for someone with casein intolerance.
- 3 tbsp garlic infused oil
- 1 tsp of salt (please adjust to your taste)
- 1 cup fresh rocket leaves
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts nuts
- 1/2 cup parmesan (grated or flakes)
Throw the pesto ingredients into a food processor and blend until the pesto becomes a paste. Alternatively, use a mortar and pestle to pound the ingredients into a paste.
Main Dish Ingredients
- 250g Chicken breast - dice into 2 inch pieces (or just be lazy like I was and buy some pre-diced chicken breast sold for use in stir fry dishes)
- 1 red Thai chilli, deseeded and finely diced
- 1 tblsp garlic infused oil
- 250-300g Gluten free Gnocchi
- Boil gnocchi in salted water until the gnocchi floats to the surface (double-check any instructions on any pre-prepared packet gnocchi).
- While the gnocchi is cooking, add the garlic oil, chicken and chilli to a frying pan and cook on medium-medium high heat until chicken is cooked through.
- Drain gnocchi once it is cooked, and set aside.
- Once the chicken is cooked through, reduce heat to medium and add pesto paste until the chicken is coated in pesto.
- Then add the gnocchi to the pan, and stir through the pesto coated chicken until the gnocchi is mixed in with the chicken.
- Serve immediately.