- 1/4 cup garlic infused oil
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp of salt (please adjust to your taste)
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup toasted pine nuts
- 1/2 cup parmesan (grated or flakes)
- Dry toast the pine nuts on low heat on a fry pan or in an oven - be sure to make sure they don't burn.
- Chop the basil leaves into thin slices.
- Combine the ingredients, either by pounding them in a mortar and pestle until they form a chunky paste or blend them in a food processor (don't over blend them in a food processor, use a pulse setting until you get a thick paste). The photo above shows the differences in how the pesto looks when prepared with these two methods. The mortar and pestle is more work, but the process of pounding the ingredients releases more aromas.
- Toss through some just cooked gluten free, low fodmap pasta.